- HWP PRESENTS
There’s no denying that in hair terms, 2013 is set to be a riot of colour.
And if the Spring/Summer runway collections are anything to go, pastel streaks are the way to go.
We caught up with celebrity hair colourist Karine Jackson to find out the best way to create Peter Som inspired pastel tresses.
Here are Karine’s colouring tips for stunning pastel locks.
1. Have a good clean blonde base to get a true colour and start with a little colour then build up. It's more difficult to take the pastel colours out so build up to the shade you want.
2. If you want to play around to see what you like, buy some white blonde natural hair pieces, dye them and fix them in to suit your mood, it's easier then to put three or four colours onto the same piece.
3. A temporary option is to get eyeshadow or pigment between the thumb and finger and pat onto the hair before sealing it with hairspray, this gives a wash out temporary effect and you can see what suits you before doing something more permanent.
4. Semi-permanent colour such as Organic Colour Systems No Limits is great for playing with this sort of effect as it washes out relatively quickly.
5. Get the blonde right at a salon and play with the pastel shades at home after that, but don't try lightening at home as it's really difficult to get it right and you don't want a yellowy blonde. © Cover Media/ Photos: Showbit
Find the perfect Xmas gifts from the PANDORA Winter 2014 collection
Dress to impress with Marks & Spencer’s sparkly and festive collection
An Oral-B power brush is an ideal holiday gift. Click to find out why.
Discover why beauty experts are raving about the new foundation
How to buy a beautiful diamond, no matter its carat size
What to buy for coffee-loving friends; these fit all budgets too!
Let the latest Canon PowerShot cameras do all the work for you
Christmas is not complete without a trip to TANGS. The one-stop destination for all your holiday shopping