- HWP PRESENTS
There’s no denying that in hair terms, 2013 is set to be a riot of colour.
And if the Spring/Summer runway collections are anything to go, pastel streaks are the way to go.
We caught up with celebrity hair colourist Karine Jackson to find out the best way to create Peter Som inspired pastel tresses.
Here are Karine’s colouring tips for stunning pastel locks.
1. Have a good clean blonde base to get a true colour and start with a little colour then build up. It's more difficult to take the pastel colours out so build up to the shade you want.
2. If you want to play around to see what you like, buy some white blonde natural hair pieces, dye them and fix them in to suit your mood, it's easier then to put three or four colours onto the same piece.
3. A temporary option is to get eyeshadow or pigment between the thumb and finger and pat onto the hair before sealing it with hairspray, this gives a wash out temporary effect and you can see what suits you before doing something more permanent.
4. Semi-permanent colour such as Organic Colour Systems No Limits is great for playing with this sort of effect as it washes out relatively quickly.
5. Get the blonde right at a salon and play with the pastel shades at home after that, but don't try lightening at home as it's really difficult to get it right and you don't want a yellowy blonde. © Cover Media/ Photos: Showbit
Unique and exclusive spa treatments await to re-energise you at this garden paradise in Sentosa. Learn more.
Click and browse all of TANGS’ greatest grooming hits, lifestyle and beauty buys on one site!
A donut has 452 calories?! Burn off your office snacks with the OSIM uShape
Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush unclogs pores but stays so gentle, you could use it on a petal
Beat exhaustion and refresh your eyes with MegRhythm Steam Eye Mask! Find out more.
Neutrogena’s Clinical Fine Fairness range promises to erase one year of melanin build up in just one bottle
Eucerin’s Hyaluron-Filler range says it can reverse 3 years of wrinkles in just 4 weeks!
Watch makeup tutorials and read all our beauty secrets in the new Mon Lancôme Beauty Diary!