- HWP PRESENTS
There’s no denying that in hair terms, 2013 is set to be a riot of colour.
And if the Spring/Summer runway collections are anything to go, pastel streaks are the way to go.
We caught up with celebrity hair colourist Karine Jackson to find out the best way to create Peter Som inspired pastel tresses.
Here are Karine’s colouring tips for stunning pastel locks.
1. Have a good clean blonde base to get a true colour and start with a little colour then build up. It's more difficult to take the pastel colours out so build up to the shade you want.
2. If you want to play around to see what you like, buy some white blonde natural hair pieces, dye them and fix them in to suit your mood, it's easier then to put three or four colours onto the same piece.
3. A temporary option is to get eyeshadow or pigment between the thumb and finger and pat onto the hair before sealing it with hairspray, this gives a wash out temporary effect and you can see what suits you before doing something more permanent.
4. Semi-permanent colour such as Organic Colour Systems No Limits is great for playing with this sort of effect as it washes out relatively quickly.
5. Get the blonde right at a salon and play with the pastel shades at home after that, but don't try lightening at home as it's really difficult to get it right and you don't want a yellowy blonde. © Cover Media/ Photos: Showbit
Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel Polish gives you gel shine without UV light
1DNorth, mixology, girlfriends and a boat = Ultimate girls night out!
Repair, restore, and rejuvenate your skin in Fresh’s Black Tea
Pamper yourself in Millenia Walk’s beauty stores
Sign up now and enjoy a free digital subscription of Her World magazine!
Subtle enhancement for maximum effect - Gangnam Laser Clinic
6 Steps to making a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo shoes uniquely yours
Find your #perfectpair from Aldo, by starting with this shoe wishlist
The latest beauty buys just got better. TANGS is teaming up with brands to give back to charity
Clinique Smart is a serum that repairs skin damage before you see it
Uncover secrets to a slender jawline via simple massage tips and tricks.