- HWP PRESENTS
There’s no denying that in hair terms, 2013 is set to be a riot of colour.
And if the Spring/Summer runway collections are anything to go, pastel streaks are the way to go.
We caught up with celebrity hair colourist Karine Jackson to find out the best way to create Peter Som inspired pastel tresses.
Here are Karine’s colouring tips for stunning pastel locks.
1. Have a good clean blonde base to get a true colour and start with a little colour then build up. It's more difficult to take the pastel colours out so build up to the shade you want.
2. If you want to play around to see what you like, buy some white blonde natural hair pieces, dye them and fix them in to suit your mood, it's easier then to put three or four colours onto the same piece.
3. A temporary option is to get eyeshadow or pigment between the thumb and finger and pat onto the hair before sealing it with hairspray, this gives a wash out temporary effect and you can see what suits you before doing something more permanent.
4. Semi-permanent colour such as Organic Colour Systems No Limits is great for playing with this sort of effect as it washes out relatively quickly.
5. Get the blonde right at a salon and play with the pastel shades at home after that, but don't try lightening at home as it's really difficult to get it right and you don't want a yellowy blonde. © Cover Media/ Photos: Showbit
Infuse your skin with real rose petals.
Enjoy First Class Beauty exclusive perks from many beauty brands!
Clinique Smart is a serum that repairs skin damage before you see it
Make a statement with Marks & Spencer’s versatile day-to-night pieces
Forget all the rules - one swipe is all you need for fabulous lashes!
Guess and rate the styles of these F1 star drivers and win prizes worth $4,000!
Be the first to enjoy the best beauty deals and the latest makeup must-haves, only at TANGS!