- HWP PRESENTS
Tumbling boho locks are the perfect choice for the summer festivals.
But achieving that artfully dishevelled style is actually more difficult than simply ruffling up your locks and walking out of the door.
“An undone style often takes longer to create than a super-styled do,” says celebrity hairdresser Lee Stafford.
But if you’re less than handy with a hairbrush, don’t panic.
Here are Lee’s top tips for creating a sizzling summer down do.
1. Wash your hair with a good volumising shampoo and lightweight conditioner.
2. Next rough dry with a quick blast of a hairdryer and then apply a blob of volumising mousse. Your best bet when blow drying is to section your hair into a deep side parting and rough dry on one side. Then, flip your hair over to the other side and blow dry until it is 95 per cent dry.
3. Now, tip your hair upside down and spritz with some of my Hold Tight Form Hold Hairspray, then gather the hair on top of the head and twist into a bun. Fix in place with kirby grips and leave to dry for about 15 minutes.
4. Release the bun and then tease the waves into place with your fingers. Use a pair of tongs to add waves if you want to create more pronounced waves.
5. Next, section hair at the crown of the head and use a natural bristle brush to gently backcomb underneath this section to create lots of volume. Flip hair back and gently brush over the backcombed section to create a smooth finish and dramatic lift at the crown.
Unique and exclusive spa treatments await to re-energise you at this garden paradise in Sentosa. Learn more.
Click and browse all of TANGS’ greatest grooming hits, lifestyle and beauty buys on one site!
A donut has 452 calories?! Burn off your office snacks with the OSIM uShape
Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush unclogs pores but stays so gentle, you could use it on a petal
Beat exhaustion and refresh your eyes with MegRhythm Steam Eye Mask! Find out more.
Neutrogena’s Clinical Fine Fairness range promises to erase one year of melanin build up in just one bottle
Eucerin’s Hyaluron-Filler range says it can reverse 3 years of wrinkles in just 4 weeks!
Watch makeup tutorials and read all our beauty secrets in the new Mon Lancôme Beauty Diary!