- HWP PRESENTS
Tumbling boho locks are the perfect choice for the summer festivals.
But achieving that artfully dishevelled style is actually more difficult than simply ruffling up your locks and walking out of the door.
“An undone style often takes longer to create than a super-styled do,” says celebrity hairdresser Lee Stafford.
But if you’re less than handy with a hairbrush, don’t panic.
Here are Lee’s top tips for creating a sizzling summer down do.
1. Wash your hair with a good volumising shampoo and lightweight conditioner.
2. Next rough dry with a quick blast of a hairdryer and then apply a blob of volumising mousse. Your best bet when blow drying is to section your hair into a deep side parting and rough dry on one side. Then, flip your hair over to the other side and blow dry until it is 95 per cent dry.
3. Now, tip your hair upside down and spritz with some of my Hold Tight Form Hold Hairspray, then gather the hair on top of the head and twist into a bun. Fix in place with kirby grips and leave to dry for about 15 minutes.
4. Release the bun and then tease the waves into place with your fingers. Use a pair of tongs to add waves if you want to create more pronounced waves.
5. Next, section hair at the crown of the head and use a natural bristle brush to gently backcomb underneath this section to create lots of volume. Flip hair back and gently brush over the backcombed section to create a smooth finish and dramatic lift at the crown.
5 must have shoes in your spring wardrobe
These 4 eye makeup ideas are the only trends to follow!
6 reasons why this mall will be your favourite hangout in the west
It’s easy with the right BB Cream! Find your perfect match here.
See all the winning products of 2015 – your ultimate beauty guide!
Full, weightless perfection. Blendable. Breathable. Long-wear.
Discover Dr.G products for the best beauty buys at SaSa!
Join Aveda in a 4.8km nature walk to raise funds for environment