Some people say you can remain friends with an ex but let’s be real, not everyone is up for that. Even if you had an amicable split, a chance encounter is recipe for awkwardness.
And now that Summer is round the corner and attending beach parties and music festivals is at the top of your social priority list, the possibility of running into an ex-boyfriend is higher than ever. But before you lock yourself in the room in fear of the dreaded meeting, here are ways to cope with it.
1.If he hasn’t noticed you, stare at your phone like it’s the most interesting invention ever.
2. Pretend to be on the phone so he can’t start a conversation.
3. Or, if you're the Queen of moving on, take a selfie whilst he's watching...just because
4. If you’re stuck at a gathering with him, call your squad or at least make sure you two are not alone.
5. Still harbour ill feelings towards him? Walk away and don’t start a scene.
6. If he starts behaving weirdly, ignore him and leave.
7. He’s with a new bae? Don’t give her the stink eye. You’re better than that.
8. Be like Bella Hadid at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, smile and press on.
Article first published on Cleo