The Christmas season usually means winter is here, and people are bundled up in thick blankets and sweaters while sipping hot cocoa by the fireplace. For us Singaporeans, it means walking around in jeans and jackets while tightly gripping an umbrella and praying that our new shoes will not get stained and wet in the monsoon rain. Stay in the comfort of your home during this rainy Christmas with this creamy and low-fat soup that your whole family will love.
Creamy leek and potato soup with smoked salmon
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 large leeks, finely sliced
- 1 kg floury potatoes, diced
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 100ml double cream
- 200g smoked salmon, sliced
- Handful of chives, chopped
1.Heat the butter in a large saucepan and add the leeks.
2.Cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until the leek is soft, then stir in the potatoes until they are coated in the butter.
3. Pour the stock and cream over the potatoes and bring to a simmer, then cook for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
4. Add two-thirds of the smoked salmon into the broth and stir through.
5. Serve the soup in bowls and top with smoked salmon and chives.