LEMONGRASS CHICKEN WINGS
Recipe by honeybeesweets
Serves 4 to 6
15 mid-joint chicken wings, rinsed clean and pat dry
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white ground pepper
2 lemongrass stalks, outer layers removed
5 shallots, peeled
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1-inch ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tsp tamarind paste, dissolved in 2 tbsp water
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp sugar
50 ml water
2 tbsp cooking oil
- Rub salt and white pepper all over the chicken wings. Set aside.
- In a blender, blitz all the remaining ingredients, except the cooking oil, until you get a smooth paste.
- In a large bowl, coat the chicken wings thoroughly with the marinade paste, loosely cover, then chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or even overnight.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan set over medium low heat. Add the wings, together the with sauce, cover and cook for 6-8 minutes, until the bottom of the wings are golden brown. You may need to do this in batches so that the pan is not overcrowded.
- Turn the wings over, add 2 tbsp water, cover and cook for another 6-8 minutes.