Surprise your family with this unusual squid ink pasta; cooked with laksa sauce, it's perfect for those who love all things spicy.
Serves 4 to 6.
3 tbsp Sunbeam Canola Oil
3 tbsp chopped garlic
1 cup King Fisher Frozen Shrimp, thawed
1 cup Okaido Frozen Squid Rings, thawed
½ packet Hai’s Instant Laksa Paste
200ml Kara UHT Natural Coconut Cream
400g Morelli Pasta with Black Squid Ink
1. Cook the squid ink pasta until al dente, following the instructions on the packet. Set aside.
2. Heat the canola oil in a hot pan. Add the garlic and stir-fry over medium heat for 2min, until golden.
3. Add the prawns and stir-fry for 1min.
4. Add the squid rings and laksa paste. Cook for 3min.
5. Lower the heat and stir in the coconut cream. Simmer for 3min.
6. Add the pasta and toss to coat it evenly with the sauce. Serve immediately.
*All ingredients are available at major supermarkets in Singapore.
This article was originally published in Simply Her May 2012.