Photo: christianchan / 123rf
- Rinse the crab clean under cold water.
- Peel off the hard shell from the main body.
- Pull out the gills ─ those clusters of grey segments. Reserve the head as it'll impart flavour to your dish.
- Knock the pincers and legs with a chef's knife or chopper so that your sauce can permeate the meat better, and to make it easier to crack the crab apart later. You can even use the handle of your metal frying spatula!
- Pull the crab apart (or cut using kitchen shears) into two big pieces. If you wish, you can also use your knife to cut out the pincers.
Still too much hassle for you? Then dive right into a finger-lickin' spread at The Westin Singapore's new dinner buffet sessions, Crab-tivating Dinners. It's available daily, 6-10pm at Seasonal Tastes, $68/pax from Sundays to Thursdays, and $82/pax on Fridays and Saturdays.
Seasonal Tastes. Level 32 The Westin Singapor, 12 Marina View, Asia Square Tower 2, tel: 6922-6968.