WHAT'S TRENDING FOR MENSWEAR NOW?
Going back to basics – it’s about the quality, cut and the little details that make a good suit, which is what we stand for at Suitsupply. Our toned down collection allows versatility in our products and allows customers to wear them for both formal and casual occasions.
Increasing use of technology by designers - At Suitsupply, we have our pure wool Traveller suits that are both wrinkle-free and water-resistant; making them extremely practical for those constantly on the move.
Caring more about craftsmanship – which is another area Suitsupply place a huge emphasis on. For instance, Suitsupply collaborated with Ferla to bring in their exclusive Giro Inglese fabric - an unconventional loose, airy weave made from a blend of wool and silk. Ferla only produces a limited quantity of that fabric each year as it demands a lot of time and effort to produce.
WHAT FABRICS WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR SINGAPORE'S WARM TROPICAL CLIMATE?
- Materials like linen and cotton are naturally more breathable, and jackets with half or no lining help make your outfit even more comfortable when out in the sun.
- For our Warm Weather Collection, we specially manufactured unlined suits and jackets to cater to Singapore’s climate or for an outdoor wedding. They are completely unlined, light-weight and tailored to a slim fit.
WHAT SHOULD GROOMS NOTE WHEN GOING FOR A FITTING?
- Wear a comfortable outfit. You'll be trying a lot of outfits to get the perfect one!
- Have an outfit or colour theme in mind - this will help narrow your search and save some time. It would be evem better if you have photo references!
- Set aside a suitable length of time – it’s going to take some time to get the perfect outfit.
HOW CAN GROOMS MAKE THEIR ENSEMBLE STAND OUT WHILE KEEPING IT WEDDING APPROPRIATE?
- Opt for an appropriate patterned pocket square or tie that stands out – Suitsupply provides a large variety of patterned and non-patterned pocket squares and ties. You could also consider add-ons such as waistcoats, cufflinks.
- Work with contrast (high or low):
- High contrast: using different kind of colours for a more outspoken look
- Low contrast: a more ‘toned down’ outfit with the same colour tone
Suitsupply is located at 03-14B/15 Ion Orchard.