When you create the perfect eye makeup look, only to have it smudged in mere hours.
If you have oily eyelids, you can spend 20 minutes blending eyeshadows and creating that perfect wing tip, but in just a couple hours, everything ends up looking smudged. We feel you, oily eyelids are indeed a nuisance. Here are some tips for you to stop your eye makeup from having a meltdown and becoming an oily mess. photo: rico-a-mona/instagram This story was first published on Cleo. First off, you want to make sure to start with a clean slate. Make sure that your eyelid doesn't have any foundation on it. Prep your lids with an eye primer, which would serve to make your eye shadow last longer. photo: NARS Smude Proof Eyeshadow Base, $40, Sephora Formulas are the key tip here. For your shadows, make sure to choose ones that deliver a long-lasting formula. photo: Maybelline New York Color Tattoo 24hr Gel-Cream Eyeshadow Just like powdering your face to stay matte, make sure to end your eye look with a powder that will soak up all the sebum. Grab a fluffy brush and swirl it in a little powder before dusting it over your lids. This would increase the longevity of the makeup on your eyes. photo: Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder, $67, Sephora Be prepared for emergency situations by keeping some blotting papers in your handbag for those oilier days! Simply blot your eyelids to stop the excess oil from seeping through and melting your makeup. photo: Palladio Rice Paper Blotting Sheets, $6.90 Eyeliner wise, it is said that gel eyeliners are your best friend if you have oily eyelids. Make sure to get a waterproof eyeliner that doesn't budge! photo: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil, $32, Sephora
Latest in Weddings
- /Cecilia Liu to Ady An: 9 celebrity cheongsam and kua styles to inspire you!
- /Wear a backless wedding dress right - and more tips from a bridal designer
- /#HWBCOVERBRIDES: Your dream gown might be different! How 4 real brides picked their wedding dresses
- /Kang Gary and wife welcome baby boy!
- / An elegant personalised wedding in Gardens by The Bay's Flower Field Hall
- /Queen Elizabeth & Prince Philip quietly celebrate 70 years of marriage